Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA)
Our Company is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of all individuals.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will train our staff to communicate with our customers over the telephone or email in plain language respecting their dignity and independence.
We will also provide accessible documents in larger print format upon request.
Use of Service Animals & Support Persons
- We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
- We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person.
- Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter the premises with his or her support person and sign in our Visitor Guest Log.
- At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, we will notify customers promptly. This notice will be posted clearly on our website at www.rsr-global.com, and include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available and applicable.
We will provide training to our employees, contractors, and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. This training will be provided within an employee’s first month of employment with our company and on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices or procedures.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained: customer service representatives, sales associates, and any individual that deals with the public. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Our company plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our goods and services.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way our company provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the VP of Operations & Finance. Customers can expect to hear back in 48 hours.
Notice of availability
We will notify the public that this policy is available upon request by posting them on our website at www.rsr-global.com.
Modifications to this or other policies
We will modify or remove any company policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.